The Lactation Network Education
Antenatal breastfeeding preparation
The Lactation network provides evidence based, contemporary breastfeeding advice and education in the antenatal period. These sessions are designed to provide both you and your partner the information you need to ensure the best possible start to your breastfeeding journey.
Sessions typically cover the following topics:
- Breast changes in pregnancy,
- Antenatal care & preparation for feeding
- How your body produces breastmilk
- Skin-to-skin contact with your baby & their first breastfeed
- Positioning your baby at the breast to optimise the best latch
- What to expect in the first few days after your baby is born
- Expressing and storing your breastmilk
- Common problems that may occur in the early weeks
- Medications & dietary intake
- Community support available in your area
Plenty of time is allocated, so that you and your partner can comfortably ask questions and discover how your body works to provide your infant with all their nutritional & emotional requirements.
To register for either contact us by phone on 0449953476, or email